Thursday 30 August 2012

FYI

Effective immediately, I will be doing a very reduced amount of photography. I'm not sure how long this decreased amount will last, but I'm planning to just 'play it by ear'. I need to focus more on my priorities-God, my family, Jonathan, and nursing! I love, love photography, but I am finding myself spending way too much time looking on pinterest and other blogs for ideas, making props, editing, driving all over doing the country with my camera, spending time away from home, etc. I have decided to limit my photography to family and friends...this being said, if you want pictures done, feel free to ask-and I'll let you know what I decide. If you have a pre-planned shoot with me, I will definately still be doing it! 

Another reason I am really trying to cut back on my photography, is because I am so, SO behind on scrapbooking! My goal is to be caught up on my own scrapbooks before I get married, whenever that may be. And I have a long ways to go! I have most of my school years scrapbooked, but I still need to finish my grad scrapbook, and haven't scrapbooked 2010, 2011, and now its already 2/3 way through 2012! :/ So hopefully with less photography I'll have more time for scrapbooking and enjoying my pictures : )

{I want to thank my brother Jacey for helping me make my awesome DIY pallet board backdrop! FYI to all  pinterest lovers out there-all those cute ideas involving pallets? They're not as simple and easy as they look. Most boards crack and split when you take apart a pallet. And most pallets are full of spiders, slivers, and well, aren't that attractive or strong. And making anything with them gets really heavy! But if you feel creative and want to try the pallet ideas anyways-go for it! (= Consider yourself warned!}

Anyways, I still have a lot of editing to catch up on (Q: who takes 1000 pictures at a 40th Wedding Anniversary? A: me! I wanted to make sure I had enough good shots! I do-I also have a lot of editing to do now!) More pictures to come from another sweet newborn as well as my sisters! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment